Enroll now in the MOOC TiME to seed a future. Join this course to learn how to engage your students in conservation real-life dilemmas while teaching them basic scientific concepts and by using equal and democratic interactive powers of This is My Earth resources (this-is-my-earth.org).
At the end of this course, your class or group will become actively involved in protecting biodiversity hotspots around the world.
By engaging students in discussions about these issues and providing them with opportunities to take action, you can help them understand the importance of protecting biodiversity hotspots and their role in conservation efforts.
You can follow the course at your own pace. We will open one module at the beginning of each week, but there are only a few deadlines you need to pay attention to (those for the quizzes and/or the peer-review activity).
Learning objectives of MOOC TiME to seed a future
- Learn how to bring the topic of climate change and its impact on ecosystems to your students
- Be able to discuss conservation dilemmas with students and encourage their involvement in conservation efforts
- Discover ideas and tools for addressing conservation in the classroom
- Develop ideas for student-led conservation projects and activities including debates, volunteering, fundraising and engaging local communities
- Design a lesson plan incorporating ideas from this online course
Prerequisites of MOOC TiME to seed a future
This course is open to anyone interested in incorporating conservation and climate change education in their teaching.
- Module 1: Who do We Care For and Why? opens on 03/04/2023
- Module 2: Conservation in Action opens on 10/04/2023
- Module 3: From Eco-Anxiety to Eco-Positivity – Radiating the Spirit opens on 17/04/2023
- Module 4: Building Your Lesson Plan opens on 24/04/2023
In order to receive the certificate, participants have to submit a lesson plan together and evaluate the works of their peers. The lesson plan together with peer reviews will count for 100% of the grade. The overall passing grade is 95%. The final deadline to complete all activities is Wednesday, 10 May, 23:59 CEST.
Note to teachers from Portugal: You can get your successful participation in a European Schoolnet Academy course formally recognised as a valid continuous professional development, and thereby acquire the relevant number of training hours, by sending your certificate to the Conselho Científico e Pedagógico de Formação Contínua (CCPFC) at Rua do Forno, nº 30, 1º andar – apartado 2168, 4700 – 429 Braga, Portugal. For more information, please contact the CCPFC.
Note to teachers from Emilia-Romagna: Per i docenti della regione Emilia-Romagna iscritti alla piattaforma regionale https://iscrizioni.istruzioneer.it/ è possibile ottenere, oltre all’attestato rilasciato da European Schoolnet Academy, anche l’attestato rilasciato dall’Ufficio Scolastico Regionale per l’Emilia-Romagna (Servizio Marconi) che attua un’azione di facilitazione ed accompagnamento a questa attività. Maggiori informazioni al link: https://bit.ly/EuroSmooc21.
Note to teachers from Ireland: It may be possible to count the completion of this course as part fulfilment of any discretionary CPD hours, subject to your school management’s approval. Therefore, please enquire with your school management if your participation in this course can be formally recognised.