Why is This is My Earth (TiME) a unique NGO? Many reasons explain why, but mainly, TiME is so special because of its innovative approach to conservation.
Some key ways in which This is My Earth differs from other conservation organizations:
6 reasons that explain why TiME is a unique NGO
- Bottom-up approach: TiME uses a bottom-up approach to conservation, which involves engaging local communities and NGOs in conservation efforts. TiME supports local conservation projects around the world. This is My Earth is allowing local people to decide which areas to protect and how best to do so. We select the best projects with a very serious and exigent compliance process.
- Crowdfunding: TiME funds its conservation projects through crowdfunding. This method allows people worldwide to contribute to conservation efforts for as little as 1 dollar. This approach makes it easy for individuals to get involved in conservation. With 1 dollar, every citizen can buy 23 square meters of forest.
- Transparency: TiME is committed to transparency and accountability. The organization regularly reports on its activities and finances. Donors can track the progress of conservation projects through TiME’s website.
- Scientific rigor: TiME‘s conservation projects are based on rigorous scientific research. The organization works with scientists and conservation experts to identify critical areas for biodiversity. That way, TiME develops effective conservation strategies. This is My Earth has a scientific advisory committee with reputed scientists from all continents.
- Education: This is My Earth has several ongoing training programs. These programs are brought to schools allowing young students to learn and participate in nature conservation. Everybody can become a teacher of TiME; it is as easy as downloading our curricula. Also, TiME collaborates with international bodies and organizations such as the European Schoolnet Academy.
- Technology: TiME uses technology to support its conservation efforts. The organization has developed an online website platform. TiME’s website allows users to report on the status of biodiversity in local areas. That helps donors to track the results of their efforts and donations.
TiME is a unique conservation organization committed to engaging local communities, using innovative funding strategies, teaching democracy and science to new generations, and fostering volunteer-based work.